Thursday, February 25, 2016

Family Palaces



I wanted to restore old photographs of family members that have gone before me and install palatial backgrounds for them, representing the rooms of heaven they live in now. 

In My Father's house are many dwelling places;
for I go to prepare a place for you.
And when I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come back
and take you to be with me
that you may also be where I am.
And you know the way where I am going.
(John 14:2-4, KJV)


My Great Grandfather, 
The Comptroller General of South Carolina
E.C. "Dusty" Rhodes

I wish I'd known you longer. 




My Grandmother,
Who always wanted to be an actress,
Patricia Todd Rhodes

I am just like you. And even though you never seemed to notice me, 
I always thought you were so beautiful. 




My Father, 
Senior Research Scientist, Intellectual Property
Solvay Pharmaceuticals,
Ronald Eugene Baldwin


I miss you dad. I'm sorry for everything I ever did wrong. 
I wish you knew me now... I've grown up so much since we lost you.
And everytime I touch this picture I cry. 
I know where to come find you in Heaven,
but I also know you will be waiting for me
just like you did at the airport - 
you were the only one who has ever waited for me there
when I came home.




Blue Skies and a Bright, Beautiful Heaven,





No comments:

Post a Comment