Thursday, October 11, 2018

Event Planning: Sunglasses Hut Private Event

Back in early April, I was asked to do a special event for all of the commercial real estate brokers we'd done deals with over the past year to 'celebrate a strong first quarter and a bright year ahead.'

Planning-wise, you want to have a good lead time on any event, so I figured after all the Save the Date announcements, etc. we'd be coming up on Memorial Day weekend, when every one would be headed off to the beach or out to the lake! So why not play off that 'bright year ahead' idea by giving away really nice sunglasses!

I approached Sunglasses Hut and asked if we could close their store for our private event where we would essentially guarantee them over $7K in sales in about two hours (I also negotiated a pretty deep discount on top of that so win for me!). Of course they were happy to oblige and in return I got three very happy, eager helpers!

I just love tropical themes (some might say obsessed), so I just have to show off some of my creations for this event!

The Invite

Yay! Finally, I get to use really cute girlie colors! I was going for the really fun Aussie-based SunnyLIFE brand feel:


I found these adorable tropical-themed gift card holders on Etsy. I decided to go ahead and put a pre-paid amount on each guests gift card to avoid any awkward 'cap on spend' conversations with our guests, which worked out flawlessly:



The Experience

I created this awesome Ultra HD video of rolling waves and palm trees swaying while our company logo was popping in and out, and was able to play it on the large store quad monitor! In the background, tropical island music was playing like the iconic Hawaiian 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' song by Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwoʻole and the 'Banana Boat Song' by Harry Belafonte, a MUSAK list I curated myself.


Of course, you have to have your sales clerks use your branded bags to ring guests up:



The Spread

I also partnered with the Cutwater Spirits Atlanta sales rep to obtain a variety of their canned cocktails, which if you have never tried, I must recommend! She also was able to procure the Whisky Highball, which wasn't set to be released in Georgia for a while (which not only did she give us exclusive access to some of the products, but also graciously donated!).

I also had my favorite florist ladies at the Dekalb Farmer's Market design a "tropical rose" arrangement for me that turned out to be absolutely fabulous, as always! I love their work so much! And for only $27.00 - the vase was mine, but jawdrop on that price, right? They told me they were going to design the arrangement to match my dress and the flower in my hair (awe, so sweet!)





The Outfit

Because all events should match your outfit, here's the hair piece I mentioned wearing. I have grown really fond of wearing flowers in my hair lately because they are just so fun! Also below is the dress I wore and then, of course, the one I really wanted to wear!


The dress I wore (that matches the orchid hair piece) - the Calvin Klein Petite Floral Cold Shoulder Dress in Lagoon:



The dress I wanted - this floral ensem by KDK London on GlamitGirl. I should probably still get this because, awesome!


And, of course, pictures of our very happy patrons getting their new shades on:

No comments:

Post a Comment